- NMIS was set up in 1969 under joint auspices of Ministry of Shipping and Indian Shipping Industry. Institute is managed by representatives of D.G. Shipping, National Shipping Board, INSA, SCI, FICCI & Shipping related logistics industry.
- NMIS offers 2 years part time Advance Diploma in Shipping Management & Logistics (ADSM&L) for graduates and Associateship/Fellowship for non-graduates (HSC + two years shipping related experience). The course is designed for those who wish to take up commercial shipping as a career. The course is approved by Govt. of India, Ministry of Education (now HRD).
- The two years’ core course comprises of 10 subjects like Geography of Sea Transport, Commercial & Shipping Law, Shipping Practice, Current Shipping Environment & Logistics, Shipping Economics, Shipping Finance, Law of Sea Transport, Risk Management & Marine Insurance, Chartering, Liner Trade & Multimodal Transport and Logistics Management.
- The Admissions for 2022 are already started from 1st April. The consolidated course fees for 1st year is Rs. 35,000/-. The consolidated course fees for final year is Rs. 34,000/- (+Applicable taxes ).This includes cost of exhaustive study material. Soft copy of the detailed presentations also provided to the students. In addition you have to pay an examination fee is Rs. 5,000/-(+Applicable taxes) .
- The course syllabus & material has been revised/upgraded.
- The faculty of the Institute includes top qualified hands-on professionals from the shipping industry, experienced academician as well as experts in their respective fields.
- The Institute’s courses have acquired international repute and they are validated by the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers at London. The London Institute also gives exemptions in two subjects out of their seven subjects for their examinations to the candidates who have successfully completed the course from this Institute. Our students are highly respected and sought after by shipping industry.
- The Institute conducts classes on the weekends so that students can learn while they earn, at three locations in Mumbai i.e. Nariman Point, Powai and at Nerul, in Navi Mumbai& Local Study Centre at Gandhidham (Kandla). Examinations are held simultaneously, in March every year, at Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Vizag, Chennai, Kochi, Goa, Gandhinagar (Ahmedabad) and Gandhidham (Kandla), if the candidates are more than 10. As such, candidates who have given the option for Ahmedabad, New Delhi, Vizag, Chennai, Kochi and Goa should give the second option of either Mumbai or Gandhidham. Additional examinations are facilitated in the month of July & November at Mumbai We also offer same course Under Online Program (OLP). OLP can appear for examination at any center of their choice.
- Almost all our students find decent placements, either during the course or shortly after completion.
- A new software facilitates on line filling of admission form. Time table, notices and many other details will now be communicated to the students through a software application. The Institute is moving towards placing the recording of classroom online thus creating a virtual class room, which will be of immense value to our students especially those under OLP.
- The Institute’s Convocation & Prize Distribution Ceremony is held every year during January/February in
- Some benevolent organizations have come forward to offer scholarship to 50 of our deserving students in need of financial support.
- Some benevolent organizations have also introduced prizes to our students who excel in our 1st year and 2nd (final) year examinations.
- List of Library Books is now available on the Institute’s website. List of successful students & awardees is also now available on Institute’s website.
- Past, present and prospective students are welcome to interact with undersigned or Harshada Joshi, Institute Secretary or any of the officials of the institute to seek any clarification w.r.t. studies, career prospects or any other aspect.
Dr. Surjit Singh Dhingra
Narottam Morarjee Institute of Shipping.
Tele: +91 – 22 – 22813280
E – mail: email@example.com
Ms. Harshada Joshi
– Institute Secretary
Narottam Morarjee Institute of Shipping.
Tele: +91 – 22 – 22029079
E – mail: firstname.lastname@example.org